Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Frustrations!!

We have had a few 'issues' with our CSR from PD today. We have found him incredibly frustrating. Today they informed us of our start date of April 11th (yay), but me, being a woman have changed my mind regarding the colour of the qq benchtop. Our CSR has informed my husband that this means we wont be able to start until May (!) and we will be charged the house price increase which is about to occur - thousands of dollars. After a few tears on my behalf - my husband called back our CSR and asked that they make the change. 'D' our CSR has informed my Anthony (husband) that he will not approve our request as he does not want to go to his Supervisor and explain the change of start date. Not approve a change we want!!?? What .... It is a colour change - not a structural variation - a change in colour. It does not even change the price - both are category 1 selections. We are buying this house and I feel that we should be able to have the colours that we want... albeit a late change - I know, but due to fairly lax communication - I didn't know when we were commencing - it could have been the 30th April giving plenty of time to raise a new post contract variation....

Hopefully this will be resolved. Anthony is waiting to speak to 'D's' supervisor.

ARGGHHH!!! And we haven't even started building..

6 comments:

Bernadette and Perry said...

Oh wow! That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Sure, they order materials, but I wouldn't have thought that your benchtops would have been ordered yet.

Hope you get some sense out of the boss. What colour did you change to?

Toni said...

I honestly don't think that they can charge you the house increase. I was told that I could sign up and have price and promotion locked in until we were ready to start......I'd be looking into that further. A colour change should be simple, can't see why that would hold up the house!

Kez & Cheds said...

Hmm, they big boss has not called yet. Changing colour of the benchtop from Pebble cove (creamy colour) to Ice (much whiter). We have New Antique White vinyl wrap cupboards and after seeing some bench tops made up at the Home Show - I felt that the look was too cream. I liked the cleaner look of the white.
Hopeully the boss can see that the light and the arrogent CSR is put in his place. House-to-be I hope that you are right. I'm not silly enough to pay an increase in house price for change in bench top colour.

Petal said...

Groan!!! Just go and read my blog, and you'll find we've had the same sorts of frustrations!!! We couldn't start when they wanted us to (though we would have dearly loved to) and they gave us the same line, about the price increases.....As you said, it's a colour, for godness' sakes, not a structural issue - and they are such a big company, who deal solely with that particular manufacturer, I would have thought a) they are able to change things, and b) someone else will probably use what you've ordered anyway!!!As b&p said, they probably haven't even ordered the benchtops yet, as I think they go in at the last minute, sort of thing!!! Good luck, and stick to your guns! Oh, and I'm having "Ice" QQ benchtops in my kitchen, laundry and butler's pantry ;) !!!

Toni said...

Things look as if they moved along for you. I was in Hawkstowe Estate yesterday and saw a Cremorne, realised it was lot 433 and must be you. Great to see the house taking shape, roof tilers were busy! You must do an update and let us know what happened re your kitchen! Toni

McCarthy and Co, The Torquay Estate Agents said...

This looks like a great example of a Cremorne property. Altghough they are not identical we have a few similar houses for sale in Torquay, Torbay and Paignton.edbyrli